I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, November 18, 2011

A Look at Leadership

This morning the card drawn from the Granny Jones Tarot is the King of Wands:
  
With Uluru (Northwest Territory, Australia) in the background, this king balances on one foot.  Perhaps the short stick in his left hand is used for friction in making fires.  The red sun behind him burns as hot as his passion for accomplishing his goals.  His drive is legendary, and he knows how to build a fire under others to get them to cooperate in his efforts.  His personality looms as large as Uluru; his charisma makes him a natural leader.  His advice to me today is to stay focused on my objectives (just as he maintains his balance) and get moving.  There's no time for whining and excuses, only progress toward what I want to accomplish.

     From the button collection this morning was drawn the "Merrill Lynch bull - risk:"
"Because if you have a strong foundation like we have, then you can build or rebuild anything on it.  But if you've got a weak foundation you can't build anything." ~ Jack Scalia
In 2008, Merrill Lynch was purchased by Bank of America to keep it from going bankrupt.  Though its leaders had lived large, they blindly ignored the depth of their financial problems.  Whether I am in a position of leadership or the one being led, I need to know that I am standing on a firm foundation.  Charisma and intellectual blather should not keep me from checking the facts and learning all I can before I commit myself to anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment