I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, November 4, 2011

Clarity and Knowledge

  Today the card drawn from the Golden Tarot is the Queen of Swords:
This woman holds a sword, but it acts more like an antenna as a BS detector.  Though she may seem like an ice queen, she's had too many life experiences to be without any compassion.  She just knows that trying to blame others, making excuses, or sitting in a pool of your own tears doesn't benefit anyone in the long run.  Her right hand extends down, much like the "touching the earth" mudra of the Buddha.  This queen can detach from praise, harsh words, or an avalanche of emotions, allowing her to see with clarity and objectivity.  With her advice, I'll not stymie myself with illusions, projections, or assumptions.

     The angel from the Angel Blessings deck today is "Raziel:"
This being is associated with knowledge, because Raziel supposedly brought Adam a book of medicinal herbs when he became sick.  I am reminded by this card of all the ways I've accumulated knowledge - through education, hobbies, training, and personal study.  What I know may be very different from what someone else knows.  It is not necessary for me to be as "smart" as someone else.  All of humanity shares in knowledge; it is a web that connects and provides for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment