I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Enjoying and Keeping the Peace

The card drawn from the Granny Jones Tarot this morning is one of my favorites - the Ten of Cups:
Granny and her husband (I can't help but think of Mr. Greenjeans from the Capt. Kangaroo show when he shows up) sit in front of a roaring fire.  Cats, dogs, and people all seem to be enjoying a blissful moment.  This card reminds me how the simplest things can bring much joy.  I spent yesterday  with my daughter and husband, dragging the decorations out of the attic and decorating our tree.  My daughter is like her father, a bit of a dry wit, and she had me laughing so hard I was doubled over.  It was a wonderful slice of time, and just remembering it makes me smile.

     The button drawn from the oracle today is the "Okay Gesture - misunderstanding:"

"In the whole round of human affairs little is so fatal to peace as misunderstanding."
~ Margaret E. Sangster
While the "a-okay" hand signal in America is a positive one, in some countries it can mean "you are a zero" or "you are an a$$ho!e."  This button encourages me to state things clearly and to make sure what I communicate to another is understood by them.  I've experienced (and I'm sure been the cause of) mix-ups in emails or posts on forums where I didn't realize the person was joking.  After being offended or angry, I discovered what I perceived as a slight wasn't intended as one.  Communication is a tricky thing; before I make assumptions, I need to ask questions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment