I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Following the Truth

The card drawn today from the Hoi Polloi is one I've seen a lot lately, the Queen of Swords:
The butterflies on this queen's crown and throne symbolize that she is connected to the element of air, involving thought, truth, and justice.  The clouds below her head mean that she thinks clearly and objectively, without attachment to emotions or others' expectations.  The cherub on her throne is a more modern representation of these creatures.  Originally they were depicted with four faces - that of a lion, a man, an ox, and an eagle.  Such an image reminds me that it is important to see a situation from all sides, instead of just the perspective to which I'm attached.

     The card for today from the I Ching deck reminds me of a different view from yesterday's card.  It is made up of the trigrams "Lake over Thunder:"
The keywords associated with the image are "following a lead;" Gill says of its meaning, "do not be led astray: you must take only that path you know to be right and follow it to the end."  My judgment can be skewed by my emotions or by the opinions of others.  The truth can be found within me; it will allow me to hold on to my integrity (being true to myself) and act with honesty in the outer world.

No comments:

Post a Comment