I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Know the Yang

From the Hezicos Tarot today comes the Magician:
This handsome young man's eyes stare straight ahead, as if nothing could break his concentration.  He holds a huge citrine point, a stone associated with success and abundance, as well as mental clarity and will power.  He has quite a pile of objects in front of him, the majority of which are books, telling me he has done his research.  Whatever this magician is trying to manifest, he has gotten specific directions and has fine-tuned his goal.  Even his cat seems to be standing still, as if completely absorbed in whatever has its attention.  The body of this man radiates with energy, indicating his intense drive and power.  The bivalve shells are all turned so that they protect what is underneath.  There are so many things I want to do or accomplish, that I tend to neglect most of them.  This card encourages me to sift through my own mound of desires and focus on bringing one of them into reality.  

     From the Way of the Horse this morning comes "Lionheart:"
Even the most timid among us have a lion hiding within.  The gift of this card is the ability to be assertive and take action.  The challenge is in not letting our "inner lion" run amok, causing us to act aggressively.  By balancing the wisdom of prey and predator, I become neither victim nor tyrant.  I can develop goal-oriented thinking that incorporates compassion, instead of trampling on others to get my way.
"Know the yang, but keep to the yin" ~ Lao Tzu

No comments:

Post a Comment