I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, November 14, 2011

Rash Decisions or Words

The card drawn from the Granny Jones Tarot this morning is the Moon:
This Moon card is obviously a reference to Edward Lear's story-poem of "The Owl and the Pussycat."  In Lear's version, the owl woos the cat, and they end up marrying.  In Granny's version, there's a bit of lip-smacking going on that probably doesn't have much to do with the jar of honey in the boat.  This card reminds me that there will be times when clarity of thought becomes fuzzy.  When I am dealing with a lot of emotions or inner turmoil, this is not the time to make big changes or rash decisions.  I need to wait until the confusion clears, or else I might find myself in the same boat as the owl and the pussycat.

     The button chosen from the collection today is the "Zipper - containment:"

"The one who cannot restrain their anger will wish undone, what their temper and irritation prompted them to do." ~ Horace
There are times when the best thing to say or do is nothing, especially when I am hungry, angry, lonely or tired (HALT).  The saying in law that you can't "unring the bell" is an apt one; even apologies can't make up for some words or actions.  Today I will try to contain myself by zipping my lip instead of unloading on others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment