I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

See the Potential, then Act

  From the Golden Tarot this morning comes the Knight of Wands:
This image, with the fire in the background, makes me think of John Wayne's character in The Cowboys who says, "Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight!"  According to this knight, it's time to act, instead of continuing to make more detailed plans.  It doesn't surprise me that I've drawn this card today; I've been planning to teach a meditation class to a group for a week and a half now.  The last week has been spent printing booklets, making mala beads, and gathering an assortment of tools.  But today is the day the class starts, so hopefully I can imitate this knight's enthusiasm and confidence as I move forward.  The diamond design on the garments of the horse and knight remind me of a vesica piscis, a symbol of a gateway; I hope this is an omen of good things coming from this class.

     The card drawn today from the Angel Blessings deck is "Paschar:"
The name Paschar is Hebrew and means "angel of vision."  This angel encourages me to see the possibilities in life, and to take a chance on turning the potential into the actual.  There are times when I receive "spiritual nudges" to act (usually in the form of a random thought that persists).  I've found that acting on them can be life-altering...

No comments:

Post a Comment