I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Who Are You Attracted To?

This week I'll be using a nontraditional tarot by Ellen Lorenzi-Prince, The Tarot of the Crone.  Today's card is the Six of Wands:
In the petal of an unusual flower is a hooded figure.  Six leaves face the flower, like sunflowers that turn to follow the sun.  This card illustrates how others are attracted to another who follows his or her passion and overcomes challenges to fulfill a purpose.  There is something irresistible about a person who is not afraid to live from the center of their being and be who they truly are.  I don't have to try to impress anyone, I just need to be myself and follow my own inner enthusiasm.

     The oracle deck I'll be using is called Transforming Dragons, a naively drawn deck (whose companion book can give some eye-opening insights) created by Sonia Cafe.  The card pulled for today is "Selbern:"
This dragon is associated with loquacity, or the tendency to talk too much.  It has been a blessing as I've gotten older to learn to be comfortable with silence, and realize I don't need to tell people they need to notice me.  Actions always speak louder and much clearer than any words could ever do.

No comments:

Post a Comment