I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Listening and Learning from Others

The card chosen today from the Margarete Petersen Tarot is the Three of Wands:
In the middle of this blazing card is a figure giving birth; beside it, is a primitive drawing of a deer-like animal.  Petersen labels this card as the "fire of creativity" and describes it as "gathering something in the world of the unknown and bringing it into the world of the known."  When I look back over my life, I find many instances where a task that first seemed impossible was accomplished by working with others.  Respectful cooperation can create much good in the world - its power should never be underestimated.
"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality."  ~ John Lennon
     From the Froud's Heart of Faerie oracle today comes "The Leaving:"
A youngster stops to ask directions from one of the forest residents before he makes his journey.  This card is about leaving something behind and moving forward, but being prepared and asking for guidance before you leave.  The spiritual path I've been on for the past year has come to an abrupt halt (my decision), and I am tentatively seeking out other routes.  I asked a friend last night on the aeclectic.net tarot forum to do a reading for me with her "story dice" (see here: http://www.storycubes.com/ ) on my new mission to see what I might need to know.  Basically I learned that I need to build a bridge between the intellectual (pretty much what all the old path consisted of) and the physical (I need to be able to use this in practical, grounded ways).  I also need to remember as I take these first steps, my spiritual foundation will have to be built brick by brick rather than attaining it instantly (forget how-to books or weekend seminars). 

No comments:

Post a Comment