I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pull of the Mystical

    From the Quantum Tarot today comes the Lovers:
Thanks first to Newton, and later to Einstein and other scientists, we know that gravity (the idea associated with this card) is the force that pulls together all matter.  The more massive something is (meaning the more matter in it), the greater the gravitational pull.  I took part in a medicine wheel ceremony last night with five other women.  On the outside, we look very different, and I'm sure our personalities and opinions run quite the gamut.  But we are all on parallel spiritual paths, and this is what pulls us together in a unified whole.  As I age, I find the greatest "mass" that pulls me to others tends to be their interest in the mystical and sacred.  These folks are the ones I want to orbit and learn from.

     The draw from the Universe Cards this morning is the "Brown Dwarf - failure:"
Brown dwarfs are stars that fail to achieve nuclear fusion, the means by which a star can shine.  They do not accumulate enough mass, and therefore they cannot generate enough heat to maintain the fusion process.  I have crossed the path of many people who live a sacred life; we share with each other what we've experienced so that we can support each other as we try to grow and mature spiritually.  But there are also those who seem to only want something from me and others, as if through intellectual osmosis they can attain spiritual heights.  They do not desire to do the work required, so they have no "mass" to build on or share.  They seem to suck the heat out of me, and I've learned the hard way to avoid them if possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment