I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Swimming in Emotions

Today's card from the Jolanda Tarot is the Chariot:
With one black horse moving one way and one white horse another, its easy to see how things can become so tangled that there is no progression forward.  The chalice and the crab are two indications of what caused the problem.  Cups deal with relationships and emotions; the crab is the zodiac sign for Cancer, and implies sensitivity and emotional intensity.  In this case, my feelings are like the two horse striving to go in different directions, only causing more frustration.  The ladybug on the horses' harness is a symbol of joy and reminds me to count my many blessings, but it also has a deeper meaning.  The ladybug can eat thousands of aphids and scale insects in its life, helping keep plants and crops healthy.  These harmful insects are like my over-the-top impulses - wanting to rip someone's head off or give them a severe tongue lashing.  Allowing my emotions to rule my actions and words can only bog me down and leave me with a long amends list.  Only by allowing my intellect to rule over my emotions today will I be able to move successfully in the direction I want to go.

     From the Bird Signs deck today comes the "Swallow - guidance:"
I had to laugh when I drew the swallow - a bird most often found around bodies of water (the emotions again!).  Like the ladybugs, they are well-loved for all the insects they consume.  The swallow is a graceful flyer and rarely spends much time on the ground.  Its message for me is to get above (detach) from whatever situation is driving me crazy and get a more objective  perspective on the circumstances affecting me.

No comments:

Post a Comment