I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A Child's Freedom

The card chosen from the Ship of Fools Tarot this morning is the Ace of Staves/Wands:
The fool rides a staff much like my grandsons gallop around on their stick horses.  Instead of a horse head, his is decorated with a fool's cap, looking much like a pair of donkey ears and legs.  The wands suit deals with inspiration, creativity and ambition.  I think sometimes being an adult can suck all the fun out of things, including any innovative ideas.  If I could let go of my serious side for a brief moment, I believe my creative enthusiasm would flow like a river freed from a dam.  Now where did those boys put that hobby horse?

     This morning I drew the "Dragonfly - magic" from the Wisdom of the Four Winds:
The gift of the dragonfly is to awaken the adventurous child within me.  This magical insect reminds me to see the beauty and awe of the small, to pay attention to the simple things that are overlooked.  It can show me the mystery and excitement that surrounds me every day.  As Brailsford writes, "See the world through the eyes of a child again..."

No comments:

Post a Comment