I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Being Receptive

On this chilly January morning, the card I have drawn from the Sheridan-Douglas Tarot is the Ace of Cups:
A cup or chalice is only useful when it has the ability to contain something.  If there is a crack in it, or if it is full of concrete, it has lost its ability to serve its purpose.  The cups suit deals with affairs of the heart - the relationships I have with other people or my spiritual connection.  But the only way for me to make these emotional and spiritual connections is to make room for them.  I must open my heart wide...

     From the Pages of Shustah deck today comes the "Stars:"
The stars in this image are actually flowers; the blue set of cards represent serenity or a constructive endeavor.  Flowers can show their full beauty when their buds open in bloom.  Likewise, when I am in a receptive frame of mind, I can acknowledge, appreciate and take advantage of the things life offers me.  Can I accept without judging, or without wishing something was a bit different than what it is?  If so, I may make connections I've never dreamed of... 

No comments:

Post a Comment