I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, January 13, 2012

Ground Floor

From the Sheridan-Douglas Tarot today comes the Four of Batons:
An artist's paintbrush, a writer's quill, a rider's crop, and a musician's flute represent the batons on this card.  The number four implies a stable foundation, and the green background suggests growth in the respective fields.  The effort put forth has created a firm foundation on which more improvements and developments can be built.  It's a time for me to enjoy the progress I've made while realizing there is more work to do - I'm still on the ground floor after all.

     The card chosen from the Pages of Shustah is the "Lion:"
The black suit in this deck are based on the astrological signs; in this image is the one associated with Leo.  The lion reminds me to have courage and confidence, as well as to use the energy I have to take action.  Today will be a day of "doing" rather than "thinking."  The fine print, however, suggests I rein in my ego, as this activity will not be based in self-centeredness or arrogance.

No comments:

Post a Comment