I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Trusting a Moment of Hope

  The "Star" was my daily draw from the Illuminated Tarot this morning:
A nude woman (no secrets, nothing to hide) pours water on the ground and in a pool of water.  Balance has returned.  The eight-pointed stars light up the night, offering guidance to any wanderer.  An ibis, associated with wisdom, sits in a tree in the background.  Whatever the previous struggles, hope has now come through the assistance of openness, balance, guidance and wisdom.  Looking back at the "wake-up call" of yesterday's card (Judgment), I have a new understanding, and this has brought optimism and direction to my life.  I was up before dawn this morning and paused to look at the stars; I'm almost sure I spotted the Big Dipper.  It reminded me to stay open and receptive, no matter what comes my way.

    From the Dreaming in Color oracle today comes the card "Foreboding:"
Foreboding, the keyword for this image, seems like an odd pairing for the Star above.  But for those of us who have lived chaotic or muddled lives in the past, it is often hard to accept times of joy at face value.  We constantly wait for "the other shoe to drop," never quite appreciating the good in our lives.  While paying attention to my intuition is a useful tool, not staying fully in the present moment is a black hole that will extract all the peace from it.  I don't have to expect my happiness to last forever, but I can take full pleasure in its gift while I've got it.  Pause, breathe, relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment