I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Blind Spots

  It appears the major arcana is not through with me yet; this morning's draw from the Waking the Wild Spirit deck is the Hooded One / Honorable Spirit (Justice):

...there are no exemptions to this natural law
The sword of Justice slices away all delusions, excuses, and rationalizations to lay bare the truth.  Like the horizontal stones of the dolmens on the card and in the picture, Justice bridges the perceptions of others to objectively show the facts rather than opinions.  With this natural law, things can swing back in balance the easy way (I can decide to change) or the hard way (I will eventually experience the consequences of my actions or attitudes).  The major stumbling block is in being able to spot and acknowledge my prejudice and intolerance.  Palin writes, "We must know ourselves truthfully and completely to be fully aware of this distortion of emotion in the present moment."  Yesterday I felt snubbed by a group of women with whom I had previously been close.  My emotions colored the experience, altering it into a major moment which left me with a resentment.  Yet if I slice away my subjective opinions to the bare bone, what is left of this experience?  Nothing much to worry with, to tell the truth...      

     From the Celtic Shaman's Pack today I pulled the "Firmament:"

"Your noble friend will not accept pretension but will gently and very firmly confront you with your own blindness. Such friendship is creative and critical;" ~ John O'Donohue
The Firmament represents another of the Celtic realms, the upper world.  The upper world is reached by ascending the tree of life; it is where we can find spiritual teachers and mentors to help us on our earthly journey.  While my ego would like me to believe that I have all the answers, I know there are times when my judgment is clouded by misconceptions.  I need mentors and soul friends in my life to help me see my blind spots.

No comments:

Post a Comment