I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, February 11, 2012

I Got Your Back

This week I'll be using a collage deck created by Arnell Ando called the Transformational Tarot.  The card drawn today was the Two of Cups:
Under a full moon, one friend/lover leans back into the shoulder of another; their intimate embrace illustrates their bond.  Irises, whose three upright petals have been said to symbolize confidence, courage and wisdom, are a prominent feature.  Whatever they are looking at, this pair appear to have their eyes focused in the same direction.  I am reminded by this card how much strength, confidence and courage I draw from someone who "has my back," whether a friend or a lover.  And when we both concentrate intently on an objective (instead of the demands of our egos), we can become an influential, powerful force.  I am encouraged by this card to realize how blessed I am with so many supportive friends in my corner.

     The other deck I'll be using this week, the Fallen Angel Oracle, was created by Nigel Suckling.  These are angels who have "fallen from grace" for various reasons, and judged too imperfect to stay in heaven.  Today's draw is "Agares:"
Gather allies for the inevitable conflicts ahead.
The cross knocked off its pedestal and the skull are obvious symbols for the turmoil represented by this card.  However, this image is not a doomsday prediction, but a reminder that I have friends who will stand by me in my fight against the challenges I face.  The angel Agares brings disruption and change, but not for the sole purpose of chaos - his intention is to further a cause.  His totems are the hawk  and the crocodile.  The hawk represents aggression and the crocodile the ability to control unconscious desires and instincts.  I've witnessed several occasions where a hawk made a dive to rip the head off its prey with lightning speed.  And while my anger at those who oppose a good cause may want me to do the same, I need to control those impulses.  As I've always heard growing up, "Two wrongs don't make a right."

No comments:

Post a Comment