I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Making Progress on My Own

Today's draw from the Shining Tribe Tarot is the Spiral of Fortune (Wheel of Fortune):
Unlike most Wheel cards, this one contains a spiral.  Life is a series of cycles, but am I repeating the same pattern over and over (going in circles), or am I making progress through each one (moving in a spiral)?  Do I hold on to blind beliefs, or do I step out and take an objective look to see how I can change?  The bird represents seeing the big picture - implying a detached inventory of myself.  The four small circles represent the four worlds of Kabbalah:
Atzilut - divine inspiration
Beriah - divine understanding
Yetzirah - divine emotion
Assiyah - divine action
While I'll never reach the perfection found in the four worlds, I do believe in spiritual evolution.  But to take any steps toward advancement, I need to monitor myself to see whether I'm stuck in a rut or moving smoothly along the spiral.

     The animal chosen this morning from the wooden tile oracle is the "Cougar:"
Averaging between 140 to 160 pounds, the cougar is one large and powerful cat.  It is a solitary hunter, preferring to take its prey by ambush.  These cats communicate with each other through scratched up areas that contain urine and feces called scrapes.  The sites are like huge "No Trespassing" signs to other cougars, and by mutual agreement they avoid each other.  Cougar reminds me that I need to have firm boundaries established, and I should be respectful of the boundaries of others.  His isolated way of life teaches me that I must blaze my own trail; I cannot rely on the opinions and choices of others to make my decisions for me.   

No comments:

Post a Comment