I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Birthing More than Babies

From the Nigel Jackson Tarot, the World:
This lovely lass dances between a doorway made of a laurel wreath, signifying a victory.  The wreath is in the shape of a vesica piscis, a form created by the intersection of two circles with the same radius.  This shape has been associated with birth, thus this woman is being born to a whole new world of understanding (implied by the fixed zodiac signs holding books).  Her efforts have brought about a liberating truth that releases her from the old into the new.  Her perception has changed significantly through these insights, and now she is open to new experiences, ideas and possibilities.  Like trying to put toothpaste back into the tube, she could not return to her original way of thinking even if she wanted; her eyes have been opened to see and grasp what she never realized before.

     From the Sabian Symbols, "Virgo, 17th Degree:"
A volcanic eruption bringing dust clouds, flowing lava, earth rumblings.
Were it not for the World card drawn above, I would probably alert the USGS and have them monitor my seismic activity.  While I have felt a bit restless and on edge lately, I don't think it has anything to do with me blowing my top in anger.  I can feel a breakthrough of some sort on the periphery of my awareness.  From this symbol, it doesn't look like it's going to come gently, but with great force and impact.  Whatever it is, I'm sure this is what will "birth" me into a new understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment