I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Repercussions

  From the Norse Tarot, the Seven of Swords:
A dragon sleeps on an egg-shaped boulder, while a man sneaks into its lair and steals five swords.  The egg shape of the stone reminds me that any form of dishonesty or duplicity has a way of "hatching" into something unwelcome.  No matter how much I try to rationalize such an action ("I only did it as payback" or "I needed to to teach them a lesson"), this type of behavior just creates a snowball effect that can become more malicious and destructive the longer it goes on.  As Gandhi once said, "An eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind."

     From the Wolf Pack today comes "The Fool:"
A wolf stares stubbornly at an angry bear, refusing to give up his spot.  Pride can short-circuit my thinking and cause me to do and say things that border on the insane.  I get caught up in "my rights," and my rational mind gets drowned out by all the noise my emotional mind makes as it stomps its little feet.  I need to ask myself, "Am I taking a stand on principles or just standing on foolish pride?  Is the cost worth the effort?"    

No comments:

Post a Comment