I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Sidestepping Emotional Potholes

From the Norse Tarot, the King of Cups:
A king holds a chalice up to the sky, as he stands on a rock at the sea's edge.  This king is known for his unconditional love for others, but this does not mean he is easily taken advantage of for his kind nature.  The rock he stands on represents that he is firmly grounded when emotions are swirling all about; he remains composed and looks at drama with a detached view.  The cup raised in the air represents his emotional maturity - he sees people and situations as they are, accepts them, but does not try to control them or get entangled with their chaos.

     From the Wolf Pack comes the card "Be Alert:"
Petro uses this card to warn of being a victim of jealousy, gossip, or dishonesty.  My problem with this card is that the only control I have over situations like this (which I have had to deal with in the past) is my actions and attitude.  I can speak and act with integrity, and I can try to clear up any misunderstandings.  But sometimes people just like to "stir the pot," and in those cases there's not much I can do about it.  My best revenge will be to live a happy life.  And as a friend of mine is fond of saying, "What other people think of me is none of my business." 

No comments:

Post a Comment