I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

How Does Your Garden Grow?

From the Motherpeace Tarot, the Seven of Discs:
Looks like this woman's garden has produced quite a crop of melons, and she has another seed growing inside her that is yet to make its appearance.  The melons, while large, aren't ripe yet,  just as she is still waiting to give birth.  The fruits could end up tasting sweet or be mealy and bland; in the same way, her pregnancy could result in a healthy child or miscarriage.  The harvest and her delivery will tell the tale, and until then patience is needed.  This card reminds me not to place all my expectations on how things seem on the outside.  A woman (I don't know her name) once said, "Expectations are just premeditated resentments."  I can make plans, but if I make my happiness and fulfillment dependent on an outcome, I'm likely to be disappointed.  Sometimes life is good, sometimes not so good...  My reaction to the outcome is what will be important in the long run.

     From the Ogham Oracle, "Ivy - Gort:"
The Irish translation of gort means "field;" it is related to the Welsh word for garden, garth.  Any field or garden needs to be tended so that it doesn't become overgrown or have weeds choke it out.  I planted ivy in a few pots that I forgot about, and now it has escaped and climbed up trees and covered ground.  It seemed so harmless when I first put it out in the yard...  This ogham reminds me that I need to tend the thoughts and attitudes in my head, weeding out the harmful ones and keeping others in check so they don't grow to extreme proportions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment