I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Keys to Change

From the Motherpeace Tarot, the Wheel of Fortune:
In her book, Noble explains the idea for this wheel is based on the round zodiac of Denderah from ancient Egypt, although the Motherpeace uses goddesses from various cultures to represent the different houses.  For me, this card represents turning, movement, and change.  For months now I have felt stuck, stymied and in  a rut.  Then last night I had an epiphany of sorts - perhaps the transformation is going to have to come from within rather than outside of me.  So I will be making some changes...  Nothing too drastic, but enough to allow some fresh air, stimulation, and inspiration to come in.

     From the Ogham Oracle, "Ash - Nin / Nion"
Nin has been roughly translated as "letters" or "forked branch" (that supports the weaver's beam).  Both writing and weaving represent how I am interconnected with others and my environment.  As John Muir wrote, "When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."  During the winter, brown winged seeds called "keys" hang on the ash tree.  The key of this ogham is in remembering the web I live on, and how my actions and attitudes can change not only me, but the world I live in as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment