I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, May 21, 2012

Pause and Enjoy the Process

From the Druidcraft Tarot, the Three of Wands:
A man pauses to look at the road he'll soon be traveling; beside him three rods with new growth are planted firmly in the ground.  This morning in my email inbox I had this note from tut.com:
The very best moment in any long journey that makes your dreams come true comes not on the day you realize they have, but on the day you realize how little they matter compared to loving the adventure they've inspired.
As I look at this card I realize how often I move from one item to the next on my checklist, without pausing to enjoy the process.  It is here I will be inspired and feel fulfilled, not when I reach my goal.

     From the Druid Animal Oracle comes the "Blackbird:"
In my area, we have red-winged blackbirds; during breeding season, they nest and roost near ponds and marshes like the one near my house.  I can always tell if I have this bird at my feeder, as he never fails to announce himself with his loud, buzzing call.  The Carr-Gomms describe the blackbird as a gateway guardian who reminds us to frequent the spiritual world as we do this earthly one: "There are times in life when it is important to concentrate on the outer world and your responsibilities in that world, but there are also times when you must attend to the haunting song of your soul which calls you to a study of spiritual truths..."

No comments:

Post a Comment