I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Peculiar Mental Twists

From the Druidcraft Tarot, the Four of Pentacles:
This card could range from one extreme to the other - an admonition to be careful with your time, energy and finances or to avoid being a miser.  When it comes to myself, I tend to fall in the latter category.  Being on a fixed income has made me feel insecure with an intense need to save rather than spend.  For months now I've not bought any new "toys," clothes, etc. because of a nagging anxiety about money.  But last night, I splurged and bought a cheap scanner on Amazon, which resulted in a feeling of guilt this morning.  On some level I think I'm protecting myself, but the effects of this kind of mindset will keep me from enjoying anything, even if I'm deserving of it.  Time for a financial overhaul that begins with my brain...

     The card from the Druid Animal Oracle today is the "Water Dragon:"
    
The Water Dragon signifies emotions and those things within the unconscious.  Whatever has been lurking deep within, whether feelings or memories, has decided to make an appearance, ready or not.  This surge may be overwhelming if I fear it, but if I can step back and look at what comes up objectively, I might learn something beneficial.  Guess I better wax that surfboard, because it looks like I have a date with a dragon.

No comments:

Post a Comment