I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

It Takes a Combination of Things...

After my little rant yesterday about the idea of "think it and get it," I had to laugh with the card I pulled this morning.  From the Spiral Tarot, the Magician:
I have heard from several sources that this card means "As you think, so shall it be," and is about using the intellect to manifest what you desire.  As I said before, I don't think all of this idea is wrong; it's just one side of the coin.  So what does the Magician mean to me?  It means I need to focus on what I want and keep a positive attitude about it.  Concentrating on a single goal at a time will allow me to channel my energy in one direction, rather than trying to cover too many bases at once.  And thinking positively will keep my mind open, allowing me to see many possibilities to achieve my objective or find a solution (as opposed to "it must be done this way").  Yes, I can make some things happen in my life, but it will take all the tools the Magician and I have available, not just the intellect.

     From the Sacred Journey Cards comes "Synergy:"
syn·er·gy
1. The interaction of two or more agents or forces so that their combined effect is greater than the sum of their individual effects.
Thiele asks, "Are you willing to share your experiences and expand your borders?"  Brainstorming and working with others helps me to stay flexible and realize that my opinion and judgments aren't always the best ones.  Other people have life experiences that I've never known, so they have things I can learn from them.  If we can listen to each other respectfully and look at each idea objectively, our combined efforts will be greater than the sum of each individual's effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment