I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Meeting Challenges Minus the Anger

  From the Spiral Tarot, the Five of Wands:
Fives are about challenges, and wands deal with getting things done; put them together and you get people bumping heads.  I'm a "get it done in advance" kind of gal, and my husband and daughter believe in the "no need to rush" philosophy.  I prefer order and structure, and they're in the "let it just all fall together" camp.  In different situations, one method is generally better than the other, but not all the time.  The challenge for me is to try not to force my opinion on another because I think I'm right, but to logically give reasons and explanations for my stance.  I also need to listen to my challengers with objectivity to see if their way would indeed be better (which will entail sending my ego to time out).

     From the Sacred Journey Cards comes "Tenderness:"
I was raised by gentle grandparents as a small child, then later was a part of a step-family where rage, yelling, and physical force was a part of daily life.  As an adult, I've had to relearn how to be soft-spoken, patient, and calm.  It's not always easy to remember to practice gentleness, but if I want someone to hear what I have to say, angrily screaming at them is not the way to do it.  I'll take Otis Redding's advice and "try a little tenderness" instead...   

No comments:

Post a Comment