I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Priority List

From the Art of Tarot, the Six of Wands:
What a difference a day makes...  Yesterday I was overwhelmed with responsibilities (some of which I took care of and others I postponed), but I had a good night sleep last night and I woke up feeling positive and enthusiastic about the day ahead.  I am reminded that sometimes successes are built on the foundation of simple things.  Taking care of my body through exercise, healthy eating and rest is a must.  But I also need the emotional support of friends with whom I can share my deepest fears, my greatest joys, and my darkest sorrows.  Anything I achieve will be built on these basic things.

     From the Tao Oracle comes "The Well:"
According to Padma, the Well represents the place within each of us that offers an ever-present source of renewal.  She writes: "To drink form the source of clarity within the depths of the self is to know the taste of Tao.  It is available to all those who thirst and are willing to dive into the core of being to be nourished."  For me, this card is a reminder to make a daily connection to my Higher Self through the spiritual tools I have available.  That connection is just as important to my sanity and serenity as all the things I listed above, and it is just as essential as any of my physical needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment