I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, June 15, 2012

Swords and Feathers

From the Sacred Sites Tarot, the King of Swords:

Ruins of Glastonbury, England
Glastonbury Abbey was a monastery founded in the 7th century that has long been associated with King Arthur.  In 1191, monks claimed to have found the tombs of King Arthur and Queen Guinevere at the ruins of the abbey in the cemetery.  According to written accounts, a massive hollowed oak trunk containing two skeletons was uncovered; under the covering stone was a leaden cross with the inscription Hic jacet sepultus inclitus rex Arthurus in insula Avalonia ("Here lies interred the famous King Arthur on the Isle of Avalon").  Like Arthur, the King of Swords is known for his ability to see situations clearly, without allowing emotions to interfere.  Truth, equality, and the desire to look out for the welfare of everyone are traits of both.  This card reminds me that if I am going to be objective about a person or circumstances, I must not allow my emotions to sway me in one direction or the other.

     This morning's draw from the Mana Cards is "Hulu:"

A he nani ke ao nei ~ Behold this lovely world.
The Hawaiian word for feather, hulu, also means esteemed or prized.  Feathers are a reminder to pay close attention to where we came from, where we are going, and where we are now.  They are gentle nudges to act rather than just dream.  This is the only moment there is, and I need to make good use of it.  Wishing or whining will get me absolutely nowhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment