I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, July 9, 2012

Feeling 4ish

From the Tarot of the Masters, the Four of Cups:
Obviously those three bourbon and cokes haven't shaken this woman out of her funk; perhaps she should try the cup of coffee hanging over her head.  I am reminded by this card that when I feel out of sorts and I want to feel better, I need to try something different than what I've been doing.  In his companion book, Ricklef suggests concentrating on our spiritual core rather than distracting ourselves with things external.  Today, I'll choose to do at least one thing differently than what I normally do...

     From the Key to the Kingdom deck comes the "Four of Clubs:"
"I am a gold lock. I am a gold key. I am a silver lock. I am a silver key. I am a brass lock. I am a brass key. I am a lead lock. I am a lead key. I am a monk lock. I am a monkey."
I am reminded by this card that there is usually a solution for every problem, but the solution needs to fit the problem.  Buying myself a book from Amazon probably isn't going to solve my financial problems, and going to see a movie isn't likely to help me lose weight.  The key must be relative to the lock...

No comments:

Post a Comment