I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, August 17, 2012

Do What You Say, Say What You Mean

From the Touchstone Tarot, the King of Wands:
TSTKgW
The face of this king comes from the portrait of a Dutch politician - rather fitting for this particular card.  With the American presidential election coming up, I can't imagine Romney or Obama suddenly deciding they were bored or tired and choosing to drop out of the race.  The King of Wands is the same; he will see the project through to the end without slacking off in effort or focus.  One of his hands is gloved, while the other is not, making me think of the phrase "taking the gloves off."  This fellow encourages me to stop pussyfooting around and finish what I've started.

     From the Oracle of the Grail Code comes "Communication:"
GCCommu
This card comes from a painting done of Mary Magdalene, ardent follower of Jesus, preaching to the folks of Provence.  In her companion book, Marashinsky emphasizes that communication is not "just talking," and states: "when emotions overlay and insinuate themselves into your message, chances are nothing is heard but the emotion."  Definitely a nudge to pay attention to my words, body language, tone, and listening skills in order to get across what I intend today.

No comments:

Post a Comment