I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Life on Life's Terms

This week I'll be using the Tarot of Timeless Truth, with both the deck and companion book created by Leila Vey.  Today's draw is the Ace of Pentacles:
TTTAceP
A dryad (tree spirit) holds a pentacle as the sun appears on the horizon.  Great trees grow from small seeds, rooted firmly in the earth, then mature to produce seeds of their own.  This card is a prompt to pay attention to the opportunities in my life and take advantage of them.  Just dreaming about how I want things to be will never create them.  My accomplishments will come from practical actions that move me in the right direction.  I don't have to do it all in one day, just one step at a time.

     The oracle deck I'll be using this week are the Rune Cards, created by Tony Linsell and Brian Partridge.  This morning's draw is "Tiw:"
RCTiw
Tiw is a guiding mark.  He keeps trust with all men,
is ever on his path above the night's mists and never fails.

Anglo-Saxon Poem
Tiw is the Norse god of courage and victory, law and justice.  Here in this image he sits on his mountain with arms outstretched, the sword of justice laid across his lap, as he watches the rider pass by.  I envy those who have faith in a god that watches over all they do, intervenes in certain circumstances, and does their bidding when asked respectfully.  I do have faith that the sun will rise and set, that the moon will wax and wane, and that the seasons will change.  The power that moves through these things is what I turn to, not to craft things according to my wishes, but to give me the strength and serenity to live life on life's terms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment