I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, August 27, 2012

Simply Irresistible

From the Morgan-Greer Tarot, the Six of Cups:
MG6C
What is the past but what we choose to remember? ~ Amy Tan
For some reason this particular card made me think of looking through a box of old photographs, and all the feelings that come up as a result.  Some I see and think, "Those were some good times," and feel grateful.  Others photos remind me of a pain or hurt, and I experience that same feeling all over again.  Then there are those (like the one of me in a bikini) that make me long for what I had and lost.  Memories can trigger all kinds of emotions; today I choose to focus on those that bring me gratitude rather than regret or anguish.

     From the Goddesses and Sirens Oracle this morning comes "Freya / Irresistibility:"
GTGSFreya
The keyword for this goddess made me laugh out loud.  At my age, I have a hard time thinking of myself as sexy and irresistible.  But the authors make a point to say that the Norse goddess Freya has something else going for her besides her sensuality that makes her attractive to others - her optimistic confidence.  Combined with the tarot card above, my lesson here is that the past doesn't have to predict the present or the future of my life.  I have the power to make new choices and change my behavior.  My decision to act with Freya's poise and assurance could boost my mood as well as my outlook.

No comments:

Post a Comment