I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Not Your Mainstream Mosquito

From the Vision Quest Tarot, the Ace of Earth (Pentacles):
Here is an ear of flint corn (also known as "Indian corn").  With Halloween and Thanksgiving around the corner, I'm sure I'll be seeing some soon in the grocery store.  Flint corn got its name because of the hardness of the outside of its kernels; it protects the tender inner part of the corn from early freezes.  Both the color and hardness distinguish this particular type from others.  It reminds me that what I create in my life may look very odd compared to the mainstream, but it too will have its purpose.

From the Bird Cards today comes the "Wren:"
We have Carolina wrens here in my neck of the woods; they are among the first birds to greet each morning.  Wrens amaze me with the loudness of their songs and warnings - hard to believe such a blast of sound can come from such a tiny bird.  They teach me that I have the inspiration and raw material to conceive and create, but now what I need is to have the confidence to put my abilities to work.  I don't have to be "important" in the eyes of society to make an impact.  As the Dalai Lama said, "If you think your are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito."

No comments:

Post a Comment