I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Distractions

From the World Spirit Tarot, the Seven of Cups:
A woman dreams about what will fulfill her, but if she wants to find that contentment, she's ultimately going to have to make a choice and take action.  My problem is not a lack of effort, it's the choices I make.  Lately I've been choosing to do for others; nothing wrong in that, but I'm not making any time for myself.  I've been running from crisis to crisis, need to need, with no rest for the weary.  I feel dazed and in limbo, and now I wonder if I'm trying to distract myself from taking a look at something.  I don't know what my dreams or goals are, but it's time to stop, take a "me" moment, and find out.

From the Mystic Glyphs deck comes "Hawk:"
I saw a red-tail hawk on my walk this morning, so synchronicity seems to be at work.  Hawk's message is that I am not seeing the truth of a situation.  I need to pull away from what is distracting me and take an objective look at the big picture.  I'm going to need a really high tree to perch from...



No comments:

Post a Comment