I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, October 1, 2012

Don't Trouble Trouble

From the World Spirit Tarot, the Nine of Wands:
This guy's posture reminds me of a tennis player, ready to volley a ball as soon as it is served.  But he seems to have a smile on his face, which tells me that being alert doesn't have to mean being paranoid.  The authors write, "Dedication, discipline and persistence have prepared you for whatever comes your way, so don't get so geared up for trouble that you sit around waiting for it."  In other words, I don't need to create trouble that isn't there, I just need to keep my eyes open for situations I might need to handle, while I enjoy the rest of my day.

From the Mystic Glyphs deck comes "Deer:"
If anyone has had the pleasure of watching a deer from afar, you've seen how they swivel their ears around constantly on guard for any danger.  Yet this card's message is that I'm being too sensitive -  fear that isn't real is pushing my red alert buttons.  The anxiety may stem from my past that I've dragged into the present, or it may be from the influence of the people around me.  Regardless of where it's coming from, I need to take a deep breath and relax. 


No comments:

Post a Comment