I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Finding My Way

From the Alchemical Renewed Tarot, the Seven of Vessels:
Which vessel would best fit me and my desires and needs?  Which holds the solution for that which will make me feel content and that I live with purpose?  My daughter was taking a personality profile test yesterday and asked me several times for my opinion (about her) on several of the questions.  I would've been stumped taking it too, but could readily give an answer for her.  I wonder why we humans can see others so clearly, yet can't quite define our own selves?  It's taken me over half a century to figure out what brings me satisfaction in my life and what doesn't - mostly through making the wrong choices.  But when I pick the right elixir, I immediately recognize it as the correct one.

From the Oracle of the Radiant Sun comes "Inheritance:"
I have no doubt that I've inherited traits, talents, and character defects from my family.  They are a part of who I am; but then there is a part that is uniquely me, that chooses not to follow the tradition or expectations.  Yet like the labyrinth above, following my own way sometimes feels like I am lost or that I'm getting nowhere.  But persistence and listening to my gut will help me eventually find my way to the center. 


2 comments: