I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Hunting for the Hidden

From the Prairie Tarot, the Page of Cups:
I'm sure I just heard an "Aw shucks" from this guy, and that he is blushing beneath the brim of his hat.  He is as sweet as he seems with no hidden agendas.  He loves surprising others with small deeds of kindness and doesn't mind giving someone a hug if he or she needs one.  This Page's perceptions are channeled through how he feels, both emotionally and intuitively.  He can read a group or an individual without any words being spoken.  However, he is a bit of an emotional sponge and needs to be careful he doesn't soak up too much of that water rushing around him, as he tends to take things too personally at times.

From the Medicine Cards comes "Weasel:"
A silent observer with an excellent sense of smell, Weasel is a skillful hunter whose long, lean body enables him to follow and track his prey in narrow places.  Weasel's lesson is in seeking what is hidden and trusting one's senses, then using this information for good purposes.  I have one friend who will call me up and talk for two hours nonstop, telling me all about her latest problems and resentments.  Another friend keeps her feelings and worries mostly to herself, and I have to listen carefully and watch for subtle clues that all is not well.  The Page above and Weasel remind me that there may be someone in need of a small kindness today, but I will have to use my "hunting" skills to find them.




No comments:

Post a Comment