I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, October 5, 2012

Personality Conflict or Counterpart

From the World Spirit, the Two of Cups:
In the middle of a fairy ring, pleasure (Pan) and compassion (Kwan Yin) meet.  "Twos" deal with finding harmony with opposites.  This could very well be my husband and me - he's the procrastinator who loves spontaneity, and I have a "don't delay" mindset that loves organization.  You would think we would drive each other crazy, but usually we complement each other.  He helps me be more relaxed and I help him make sure the important things get done on time.  It's taken quite a few years to get to this place of harmony, but I'm sure glad we stuck it out.

From the Mystic Glyphs comes "Coyote:"
Coyote is the Trickster, who teaches me through humor and extremes to look at myself.  As the saying goes, "comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable."  When I've gotten complacent with myself, this fellow will show up and gleefully point out my character defects.  I'll be looking out for that grin today...

No comments:

Post a Comment