I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, October 22, 2012

Pick Your Battles

From the Tarot of the Absurd, the Knight of Coins:
This guy is not concerned whether his comments are sharp and witty, that he is oozes charm and enthusiasm, or if he is known as the world's greatest lover.  This knight is suited up with a purpose - to do a job and do it well.  But wait... something is missing.  This knight isn't wearing any boots (he's barefoot), and he has stars instead of spurs at his heels.  Stars are an energy source, and his energy comes from doing and creating.  Being grounded in the practical (bare feet), he will gladly take care of all the mundane details that would send the other knights scurrying off in all directions.  Completion is his goal, and he will without a doubt accomplish it.

From the Post-psychedelic Cypberpunk comes the "Gunslinger:"
I've heard of having daggers for eyes, but this fellow has gun barrels!  Falcov describes this card as "Survival at any cost."  I think there is a time to fight for what I believe in, but I also have learned to pick my battles carefully and not get my panties in a wad about everything.  Taking the Knight of Coins into consideration above (who is well known to be quite stubborn), I think the lesson here is to learn to be flexible.  Some of my ideas and ways of doing things need to be replaced.  I don't want to get so distracted by the conflict that nothing gets done.  Instead I'll fight for only those truly worth keeping.




2 comments:

  1. I love your insights on the Absurd deck, noticing details like those bare feet :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this deck - it's one that makes you look, then look again to see what was missed (like I did the first time I looked at this knight!). Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete