I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Stop Time, Unlock Your Mind

From the Tarot of the Absurd, the Hermit:
The sand in this hourglass have stopped their trickle, because the Hermit has wedged himself in the passageway.  He has temporarily stopped time in order to look back at the spiritual path he has walked.  He knows he needs a self-assessment before he continues, or else he may make no progress at all.  As I look back at my life, I see deserts where I walked in endless circles, dark forests where I was completely lost, and streams I floated down full of smug complacency.  But even with all the blind alleys, starts, and stops, I've found some hard-won wisdom.  My spirituality will never get me to THE mountaintop, it just teaches me to be a better climber as I continue on the way.

From the Post-psychedelic Cyberpunk comes "Riddle:"
A riddle helps me to think outside the box, to stretch my imagination and ideas in new ways.  In this image, many symbols are found in a vortex of keyholes.  The keyholes are like all the opinions and beliefs I hold; only by releasing my attachment to them will I be able to see another view and unlock my mind. 


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing such wonderful and interesting article How to Unlock Your Mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for such wonderful and interesting article about how toUnlock Your Mind.

    ReplyDelete