I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Hesitant Words

From the Fairytale Tarot, the Ten of Swords:
The tale of the Tin Soldier is one of love never spoken.  The one-legged metal toy adores the paper doll ballerina from afar, never telling her how he feels.  But one day he is thrown into the wood stove's flames; the ballerina (with the help of a gust of wind) floats down to die with him.  All that's left in the ashes the next day is a metal heart.  Humans can at times say too much (like the Knight of Swords yesterday) or can leave what needs to be said unspoken.  I may think someone knows I appreciate and love them, but people need to hear it.  I shouldn't require something drastic to happen to transform my hesitancy into willingness.  So to all my friends and family, both those close by and those far away, I love and am thankful for your presence in my life.

From the Tao Oracle comes the card "Darkening of the Light:"
Low light tends to make things look softer and less harsh.  It encourages rest rather than frantic activity.  Today is the eve of the holiday season, when there is pressure to push, rush, and worry about things left undone.  But this card teaches that relaxing in the moment will in the end accomplish more - regardless of what all the media ads tell me.  And I'm much more likely to enjoy the company of friends and family if I'm in a calm state of mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment