I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, November 19, 2012

Love Can Be Messy

From the Fairytale Tarot, the Lovers:
Tatterhood is one of my favorite fairytales, mostly because it teaches that love sometimes isn't pretty on the outside.  When two princesses are born, one is immediately seen as sweet and beautiful while the other is labeled a wild child.  Tatterhood dresses in rags, has a bird's nest in her hair, and rides a goat, much to the king and queen's distress.  But it is she who shows intelligence, courage, and loyalty when things get tough.  And in the end, she is seen for the beauty she is, not just outwardly but inwardly as well.  This story encourages me to love from a deep place, beyond the surface of saying the right words.  Love can be messy, chaotic and frustrating sometimes, but a commitment to love will keep me focused on what is beyond outer appearances.

From the Tao Oracle comes the card "Grace:"
For me grace means being connected to an inner flow, though some may call it being in touch with one's divine spark, higher self, or some other name.  In that place where a clear stream runs through me and all of life, I find what I truly long for.  Athletes often refer to it as being "in the zone," and researchers have found 12 characteristics of this place of grace: physical relaxation, mental calm, low anxiety, heightened energy, optimism, enjoyment, effortlessness, automatic functioning, alertness, mental focus, self-confidence and control.  Of course the paradox is I must surrender all my attachments rather than using them for flotation devices...


1 comment:

  1. Hated the Fairytale, gave it to Griz.
    Love the Tao Oracle, and keep it all to myself.
    Be well, S.

    ReplyDelete