I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, December 7, 2012

Connections and Conductors

From the Fey Tarot, the Sun:
On this dreary, gray morning, I wish that I could sit in this fey's spot - relishing the sun's warmth and the earth's coolness the clouds drift slowly overhead.  As my eyesight dims with age, I am thankful for the light of the sun that helps me see more clearly.  On cold days I am grateful for the warmth it brings.  This card reminds me to avoid assumptions and see situations with clarity.  But as I deal with what life dishes out, it also reminds me of my connection to something much bigger than my individual self.

From the Crystal Deva Cards comes "Apophyllite:"
Watlington, who gives this stone the keyword 'gentleness' writes: "An act of gentleness is a bold statement of love.  It is a sign that you are able to move beyond concerns of vulnerability or rejection to open your heart to another in kindness."  The name apophyllite comes from the Greek apophylliso, meaning "it flakes off," because of its nature to peel off parts when heated.  From this stone I can remember not to take things personally or become attached to words directed at me.  Often such words are grounded in fears that have nothing to do with me, I just happen to be a safe conductor of these electrical currents.


4 comments:

  1. And...don't diminish your own special kindness, that I'm sure you do all the time. Sometimes the kindness of strangers can keep someone hanging on for one more day.

    (())

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a lovely image from the Fey deck - it's one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this deck does have some lovely, unique images. I'm not much of a fairy person, but this deck is one of my favorites also. Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete