I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Life is a Special Occasion

From the Golden Tarot, the King of Coins:
A gray-haired king stands at his writing desk pondering how he'll put that coin in his hand to use.  This is a man who is wise and successful, yet he generously offers his wisdom and resources to help others.  The hourglass on his desk represents his understanding that life is short and material possessions come and go.  Though he is discerning in his investments, he also knows that what you have is useless if you don't enjoy it.  He's not one to postpone trips for relaxation, put off a creative idea, or only use the china for special occasions.  He may be a good steward, but he's going to immerse himself in the sensual side of life too.

From the Yantra Deck comes "Bliss - being one:"
Dove's ad designers tempt us to believe their chocolates are bliss, but I think the gist of this card revolves around a more lasting spiritual joy.  The Sri Yantra is made up of nine interlocking triangles that radiate from a central point (bindu), the connection between the physical universe and its unmanifest source.  The nine triangles form a web of 43 individual triangles and symbolize the entire cosmos.  I often forget that I am a part of that web, a part of a greater whole.  When I remember that connection, I can find my bliss, even as my world changes with physical comings and goings.  Of course a bag of dark chocolates might help too...

No comments:

Post a Comment