I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Clean Up on Aisle 3

From the Hoi Polloi Tarot, the Seven of Pentacles:
"Clean up on Aisle 3."  "Ravioli is out of stock on Aisle 7."  "Check for expired milk in the Dairy Aisle." "Seasonal items from the holidays need to be marked for clearance."  The Seven of Pentacles brings to mind running a store and keeping an eye on the quality, quantity and sales potential of inventory.  Except in this case, the store is me, and the goods are what I'm reaping in my life.  As a wise man once said, "There is a time to plant, and a time to uproot what has been planted..."

From the I Ching Pack comes "Wood over Fire - Family Concerns:"
When there is warmth and security at home, it is easier for me to deal with life outside its walls.  How I get along with the people closest to me, and how I communicate with them tends to spill over in other areas too.  The Seven of Pentacles above encourages me to make an assessment, and paired with this card I see it deals within the home.  My family isn't squabbling, we're just not communicating.  Technology has created steel walls - everyone seems to be connected to a computer, video game, smartphone, Kindle, or some other device constantly.  I'm thinking it's time for a family board game night - no electronics allowed.
 

2 comments:

  1. I'm crazy about technology, what Can be done just blows me away. But I draw the line at 2 hours a day and sometimes my blog takes an hour...but I want and enjoy a real life, in real time. But it is made sweeter by my technology friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel about my computer like the NRA feels about their guns. :) But balance... that is the key.

      Delete