I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, January 27, 2013

ETA

From the Jolanda Tarot, the Star:
 
The Star has always represented hope and guidance to me, but in this image I see something else as well.  The night sky reminds me of cycles (especially since we had a full moon last night); there is a rhythm here that can't be rushed.  The bear woman represents the "medicine" of this animal - rest and healing.  As much as I would like to quickly put all the puzzle pieces of my life together, I am beginning to realize there is a pace to life that requires patience.  If I can hang on to hope, the healing and guidance will eventually come.

From the Bird Signs deck comes "Swallow:"
 
“We have all a better guide in ourselves, if we would attend to it, than any other person can be.”  
 ~ Jane Austen, Mansfield Park
The message the creators attribute to this bird is, "Guidance gives you insight and direction in your life."  Nautical men who took long journeys often had a tattoo of a swallow, a symbol of being guided safely home.  I must remember that I too am on a journey, and unlike the airlines, there is no "Estimated Time of Arrival."  My job is not to get to a certain place by a certain time, but to listen and "attend" with intention and patience.

2 comments:

  1. I like the word guidance it has more meaning than intuition that some of us like to use. Guidance requires more sacred waiting. Hope you are well friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't discount intuition, but sometimes it is hard to tell if it is ego or a higher self doing the talking, so know what you mean. :) And yes, I am "weller" thank goodness, though I still have no clue what smacked me upside the head (other than the bathroom floor, lol).

      Delete