I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Final Fantasy

This week I'll be using the Hezicos Tarot, created and published by Mary Griffin.  Today's draw is the Ten of Swords:
The mushrooms on this card remind me of the bouquets of ringless honey mushrooms I found in a park nearby my home.  I discovered about ten groups of these fungi growing between several dahoon holly trees.  The ringless honey mushrooms are pathogens that grow on the roots; they are evidence of a tree's imminent death.  The Ten of Swords shows the end of a set of beliefs or ideas; while it may come as a surprise to some, for those who pay attention the terminal signs are everywhere.  Like the diseased trees, these thoughts must be rooted out before something healthy can be planted and grown.

The oracle deck and book set I'll be using this week is the Way of the Horse, written by Linda Kohanov with illustrations by Kim McElroy (published by New World Library).  This morning's card is "Attraction:"
This card speaks to the way many of us are attracted to what is new and exciting because it is different.  Whether a group or a partnership, I can sometimes become enraptured with what I think will "fix" me - what will make me feel better and help me enjoy life more.  Yet if I am the root of the problem, no amount of the unique and unusual will change me; the change must come from within.  The message here encourages me to separate fantasy from reality. 



2 comments:

  1. Goodie, two decks I've not had.
    And I learned a fungus fact.
    Isn't it odd that both items repel me.
    Be brave Sharyn...it's only a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Could be a good thing if you don't want to spend any money.

      Delete