I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Relinquishing, De-cluttering

From the Tarot of the Crone, Sacrifice (Hanged Man):
I am the soul who suffers.
Someday, someday
It will be enough.
We humans are funny little beings; we hold on tightly to possessions, people, opinions, and beliefs, thinking they will give us security, happiness, or self-worth.  Yet what we often don't realize is that what we grasp so desperately is what is causing our suffering.  The tears of the crone fall into the water below, representing the sacrifice she is making, what she is releasing.  But the reflection in water shows a smile, indicating her willingness to surrender is where she will find her freedom.  And so today I must ask myself, to what do I remain attached that I need to relinquish?

From the Transforming Dragons deck comes the dragon "Wandom:"
Trap: Complacency and Inertia
Treasure: Willingness to Change
There is a saying I find some wisdom in that says, "If you keep doing the same thing, you'll keep getting the same results."  Lately my spiritual path feels more like a stagnant pool.  In this new year, I find myself in a place where I need to de-clutter my spiritual beliefs and practices.  I've been like a magnet for the past few years that has been dragging along the ground picking up little shards of iron.  Now the shards aren't useless or without worth, but I have gotten such a collection of them I have lost my focus.  I don't want to create an iron box of beliefs and practices, but I do need to have a direction and a point in my heart from which what I do radiates.  In this winter paring down, there will be losses but there will also be freedom...

3 comments:

  1. Your cards this week are quite powerful. Lot of heavy stuff being dealt with. This new time is about change, moving on, cleaning out and for some leaving this plain of existence. As I have let go of a lot of stuff in some ways it has isolated me. But I continue to try to stay open and that which needs to find me and that which I need to find will come to me. For so long we try to fix everything and be everything for others and it just doesn't work for them or for us. So be gentle with yourself, offer what you can and take what you need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That "letting go" does feel isolating, like I'm in limbo. But I know the foundation will come. I read a Zen quote the other day that said, "Stop seeking truth and just let go of all your opinions." Made sense but it's so hard to do!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete