I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Spending Time

From the Hoi Polloi Tarot, the Six of Pentacles:
“Always give without remembering and always receive without forgetting.” ~ Brian Tracy
At the local library here, I can freely check out books, music, and dvds.  But there are some books with the words "Reference Only" on the spines; these books are considered too valuable and hard to replace to be taken from the library.  As I get older, I find that it is my time that I weigh more carefully than my money when it comes to giving it away.  Whether I'm at a movie or listening to a friend on the phone, I don't want to feel like my time would be better spent doing something else.  Otherwise, I'll not be able to "give without remembering" and will end up with a resentment.  Likewise, if I am the one taking up a person's time, I want them to know I realize its worth.  Whining or airing my opinions about the same thing over and over is not quality time.  Those scales of balance work both ways...

From the I Ching Pack comes "Lake over Lake - Truth and Joy:"
Truth and true friends - two joys that bring delight and success.
Lake over Lake suggests that not only can I see deeply, I can also see clearly.  This hexagram reminds me that as I communicate with others, I need to forgo the surface stuff and speak from the heart.  I need to speak authentically and have enough respect for others to allow them to do the same.  Honesty and integrity can be a source of freedom and can help me weigh how I spend my time as well as with whom I spend my time.

3 comments:

  1. I sure like this I ching deck, thank you for sharing it on your blog.
    and good morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The remembering thing rang a bell. In these books I have been reading he talks a lot about rememebering. Every year the village would "remember the world alive" again. That is pretty big. They used remembering in a different context as they had no word for "to be". Everything was now. So take care my friend and be well in body and spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very true about the value of time

    ReplyDelete